Baking and decorating cookies is a much loved tradition for my family. Sometimes we like to change it up a bit and make other kinds of sweet treats. These chocolate caramel pretzel bites are so easy to make and perfect to serve at any gathering or give as a sweet gift to someone special.
Chocolate caramel pretzel bites
- Mini pretzel twists
- Caramel baking bits
- Melting chocolate
- Coconut oil (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or waxed paper.
- Arrange the mini pretzel twists in a single layer on the tray.
- Place one caramel baking bit in each of the sections of the pretzel twist (you'll use 3 per pretzel).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on your treats, as they should be removed from the oven as soon as the caramel is melted!
- While the pretzels are in the oven, melt the chocolate by following the package directions.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the melted chocolate and stir until well combined. This is optional. The oil will make your chocolate look shiny when hardened.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven and drizzle the melted chocolate over them with a spoon.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Let the pretzels cool completely before stacking or storing.
- Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate are all delicious options!
- If you'd like more festive looking treats, you can use both white and milk chocolate, or you can get colored melting chocolate.
- If you want to dye your white chocolate, use a powdered food coloring. Liquid food coloring can cause the chocolate to seize.
- Square caramel candies can be substituted for the baking bits. Candies must be unwrapped, cut in half, and placed in the middle of the pretzel twist. I prefer the baking bits as it's a lot less work than unwrapping and cutting candy.
I hope your family enjoys these easy chocolate caramel pretzel bites as much as my family does!
Sarah Boucher is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Grand Haven, Spring Lake, & Muskegon, Mich.